The 40th Annual Meeting of Japan Neuroscience Society (Neuroscience 2017) will be held at Makuhari Messe in Makuhari, Chiba pref, Japan from July 20th to 22nd, 2017. Neuroscience 2017 (http://www.neuroscience2017.jnss.org/en/index.html) offers Travel Awards to non-Japanese neuroscientists traveling from abroad to present high quality papers at the meeting. Applications of young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows are especially encouraged.
Applications from China must be a CNS member and apply for the Travel Award through the Chinese Neuroscience Society (CNS).
Application Deadline is November 7th, 2016. We will select 6 awardees by the end of November.
Here’s some more information regarding the Travel Awards and the Annual Meeting:
- JNS was founded in 1974. With more than 6,000 members in 2016, JNS is now a representative academic society in neuroscience in Japan.
- The 40th Annual Meeting, under the theme of "Pushing the Frontiers of Neuroscience", provides a unique opportunity to forge closer links between researchers in different fields and to develop next-generation neuroscientists endowed with a wide perspective.
- English is an official language used at all sessions. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
- The Annual Meeting promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and having a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
- The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience.
- The Meeting will be held in Makuhari Messe. Haneda (Tokyo International) and Narita International Airports are close and convenient to the venue.
- Travel Award winners will receive a partial support for traveling expenses (80,000 JPY) and a free accommodation in Makuhari for 4 nights (from July 19th, a single room in a budget hotel).
- The meeting registration fee is waived.
- Travel Award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Travel Award winners are also invited to a reception during the Annual Meeting.
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 19th (check-in) to 23rd (check-out; totally 4 nights) will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- “The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers” is a mandatory event. This meeting will be held on July 19th at around 17 o’clock. So please make sure to have sufficient time to travel from the airport to the venue.
- Persons who do not attend the entire Annual Meeting will have their award revoked.
2) Publication list and the first page copy of publication
3) An abstract describing your Neuroscience 2017 presentation
4) Recommendation Letter from council members of CNS
Secretariat of the Chinese Neuroscience Society